Monday, February 4, 2008

When It Rains It Pours.............


This is the last thing for today, I swear. I either have NOTHING to say or I can't shut up. I guess today is one of those obnoxious internet posting days for me. I made Chicken Caesar Salad Pizzas on the BGE Saturday night..............so I wanted to post a quick pic of that. I used an Italian Flour from KAF (king arthur flour) and the dough was very soft and actually pretty tricky to work with. They turned out great though. Just brushed the dough with a little olive oil and some dried herbs and garlic, sprinkled on some shredded asiago and 2% mozzarella and then baked for 5 minutes on the BGE. When I took it off it was topped with organic romaine hearts, olive oil/lemon/fennel seed chicken breast, shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano , cracked black pepper and caesar dressing.
I also think I need a waffle cone maker for my homemade ice cream. Honey......if you are listening.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Just for my personal curosity-HOW MUCH DOES YOUR HUSBAND WEIGH?????If I cooked like you do all of the time, Bobby-who loves to eat, would weigh about the same as a Baby Elephant!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Normal weight for his height....The only thing fattening I made was the maple squares. Olive oil is good for you...the cheese is ALL low fat, a tablespoon of pepperoni bits is nothing, sundried tomato pesto is good for you, sweet potato fries are baked and salad of course is good. It all looks fattening but it isn't. The pizzas are MOST of the time very low fat. My dough only has 1 T of olive oil for 2 pizzas, all the cheese I use is 2% so it only has 2-4 grams of fat per 1/2 cup. We do eat full fat once in awhile or if we have dessert. I make most of my cookies and brownies with whole wheat flour so we at least get the whole grain component. Plus we exercise EVERYDAY...no days off. I exercise twice a day on most days. The steak sandwhich had maybe 2 inches of meat on it. Everything in moderation.