Thursday, February 7, 2008

Barefoot Contessa's French Made Easy

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_30341,00.html

IF I can get to Fresh Market this afternoon, I will make this tonight for supper. Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Chicken with Croutons. I have seen this show air a couple of times in the past and have always been intrigued by it. I think w/a side of french beans and some roasted squash in place of the shallots. I love shallots......my husband not so much. I think I may also roast off a head of garlic to go with it also.

Steel Cut Oat Update: 15 month old really likes the steel cut oats mixed with unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon. SCORE! They also hold up beautifully in the fridge for the next day. They retained complete texture and were just as yummy as yesterday after being warmed slightly in the microwave and topped with cinnamon and maple syrup. I am convinced and hooked and will be eating this at least 1/2 of the week for breakfast. Nothing Nothing Nothing like regular oatmeal.

We are hopefully having friends over Saturday night for BLTA (bacon, lettuce, tomato, avacado) Pizza's on the BGE. I use this Neimans Ranch bacon in the meat case from Fresh Market....it is very meaty and thick...I take kitchen scissors and cut all the fat away and just use the meat portion of the bacon. It still renders a tiny bit of fat but not much but you get all the great flavor and crispiness to sprinkle over the pizzas. This trick works wonders to cut out a lot of the fat. They also make a turkey bacon that is out of this world.....it is thick and really meaty and tastes NOTHING like that stuff in the case that is prepackaged.....you know which one I am talking aobut. It is worth the extra money to buy the organic neiman's ranch. A little bit of mozzarella, asiago and parm, roma tomatoes and romaine tossed w/some mayonnaise, and diced avacado, on a honey wheat crust. This is our friends favorite pizza when we have them over.

I also placed a RIDICULOUSLY large order with KAF. I figured I might as well just order everything and pay one shipping instead of constantly deciding to make something....needing to order and paying $7 shipping everytime. I also paid for 2 day shipping which I am TOTALLY against forking money out for but I had a problem with my last order sitting at the post office in Little Rock for 5 days.........I finally called the post office directly and bitched and it was delivered the next day. They let it sit on a pallet in the back for 5 days because it wasn't a priority.....maybe not to them......but it was FOR ME.

CHOCOLATE SPRINKLES 6 OZ

1LB
CALLEBAUT SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS

WHITE CHOCOLATE JIMMIES 4OZ

APPLE PIE SPICE 4 OZ

CRANBERRY-SUNFLOWER GRANOLA BAR MIX 200Z

FRENCH KISS COOKIE MIX

KAF ORGANIC HIGH GLUTEN FLOUR 3LB

WHITE RYE FLOUR 3#

MEDIUM RYE FLOUR 3#

ITLHRB
BISCUIT MIX

SRCM
BISCUIT MIX

VTCHED
BISCUIT MIX

BISCUIT CUTTERS SET/4

PARCHMENT HALF SHEETS

SAF RED INSTANT YEAST 1#

NON DIASTATIC MALT POWDER 1#

DELI RYE FLAVOR 4 OZ

NATURAL BANANA FLAVOR 2 OZ

SWEET CHOCOLATE FLAKES 4OZ.

BAKER'S SPECIAL DRY MILK 1#

POTATO FLOUR 1#

HEIDELBERG RYE SOUR 4 OZ

Well, I am off to exercise this blog off hahahahaha.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Fresh Market-is that a local grocery? We do not have any great groceries in this small town. I am envious!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

www.freshmarket.com

Fresh Market is a chain. It is fashioned after a European Open Air Market (but inside). They carry alot of organics and meat is by butcher only....no prepackaged stuff. Kind of a smaller version of Whole Foods (which is the greatest grocery store on earth) or scaled down version of Wild Oats....along the same line. I miss my Whole Foods in Omaha.....we will meet again, someday.