Monday, February 25, 2008

I MUST SCORE ME SUM O'THEEEESE


I have come across a product that I feel I must seek out and try. I have been reading this great blog by Tartelette. She makes these incredible pastries that are fit for a jewelers window. She aint down here in da'hood like the rest of us. She had a posting about these Pineapple Almond Cheesecakes that she had whipped up and used a "Tonka Bean". Tonka Bean???? HUH??? Never heard of such a thing. I googled IMMEDIATELY. How dare there be a bean out there that I hath not tried.....and a bean for desserts yet. Wikipedia used words such as: perfumed, vanilla, almond, cinnamon, cloves, hypnotic fragrance, and then it went on to say: banned in the USA by the FDA, lethal, toxic and carcinogenic, coumarin and anti-coagulant, commonly used in tobacco, nasal snuff and pipe tobacco. Have I found the end all be all??? A bean that you can use in desserts, possibly end someones life with AND smoke.........say it ain't so, just say it ain't so. I gots to score me sum o'theeeeese beans. I can only imagine what these suckers would go for on the open air market street corner in North Little Rock......mama would git some change in her pocket, baby needs a new pair o'shoes. The hunt begins..............TONKA BEANS!

6 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Hey, don't worry. He catches them in a river. And he does release. Soft heart, I think. Plus, I'm not so sure I could gut a fish.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Wait, but maybe the river runs from the lake. OR vice versa. I don't know, I'm confused.

Lora said...

I thought "Tonka" made toy trucks and dirt moving equipment????You could run down to Mexico-short jaunt and you can get ANYTHING there. You may have to stuff it in some inconspicuous cavity or opening to get it over the border-but all in the fun of the chase!

Anonymous said...

Foodie, I'm no CPA, but how come the %'s don't add up on your Nut Poll? 50% + 33% + 33% is more than 100% Already found the beans and smoked em? They must be good if they've been banned!

NY Yankee Fan (not a Yankee)

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Anonymous.....hahah don't ask me. I didn't write the program, I just use it. I didn't even notice that. You CAN vote for more than one thing...multiple votes per person so perhaps that has an impact??? I have been out of school for 20 years.......I am lucky I can still count to 10 on my fingers.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Jennings~what river is he fishing from???