Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hawt Dawg Sins: Confessions from a Recovering Catholic

GEORGE OSGOOD/Star-Gazette

Me: Bless me Father for I have sinned. Priest: Yes child, continue. Me: Today I inhaled two grilled Hebrew National Kosher All Beef Franks with diced red onion and Gludens spicy brown mustard on a soft Sara Lee bun. Priest: This is pretty despicable....For penance keep a running tab of Hail Mary's and Our Father's in succession until I can get back with you, I need to consult the Bishop on this one.

In a sacramental understanding of the term, "penance" applies to the whole activity from confession to absolution.

5 comments:

Lora said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good hot dog-personally I prefer home made chilli on mine-with grated cheese-chopped onion-mayo on one side of the bun & mustard on the other. NOT THAT I'M PICKY! Definitely like grilled weiners!

k said...

I'm a mayo, relish, onion, cole slaw girl. They are best on the grill and I love them charred! My friend only buys the Hebrew National brand...she swears by them. I haven't bought hot dogs in a long time, but when I do...I will try that brand out!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Lora and K~mayo must be a southern thang....I have never heard of mayo on a dawg before. You both are from the south...I see a pattern here. I live in the south as a temporary transplant...hence no mayo on my dawg.

Ann Miller said...

okay...i don't get the whole hebrew dog...what about oscar meyer all beef? much better than the RED!!! ones my husband grew up on...GROSS!!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Ann~The Hebrew dawg is better because it is Kosher and they have to adhere to strict standards when processing food in a facility...much higher than just a regular food manufacturer. ie: The worms have been blessed by the rabbi...you can bet your sweet bippy ain't no one over at oscar meyer praying over them dawgs.