Saturday, April 5, 2008

Cake of Coco~Nuttiness: A Visual Feast in Sequential Pictures


Poking holes in the cake...Good Times (borrowed from The Jennings, I think they have "good times" copyrighted)


Sour cream, coconut milk, sugar, coconut mixture


Double decker that uneven bad boy


7 minute frosting, although mine was done in 5 minutes


Phuck, whilst frosting my cake I realize that I forgot to add my vanilla and almond extract due to 4 year old pestering me throughout the process.....oh well, trudge on and trudge forth soldier the blood bath awaits.


Topped w/toasted slivered almonds w/the skin on, toasted coconut and small amount of grated Scharffenberger Bittersweet 70% Cacao


From my lips to your hips..........enjoy

9 comments:

Susan @ SGCC said...

That looks awesome! I want that recipe!

Anonymous said...

That looks super good. I was laughing about the pestering 4-year-old. :-)

So do you guys end up eating all the stuff you make? If I made a cake, it would have to be for an event or to take to someone else's event. Because Abraham is not a cake person, so I'd end up eating the whole thing.

I got a cake decorating thingy from Danielle for Christmas, and I really want to try it out, but then I have to make a whole cake!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Sticky...it is Paula Deens Coconut cake off the food network.. I just put almonds, toasted coconut and chocolate on mine but it is her basic recipe.

Molly~No we don't eat all of it. We all usually taste it and then it goes into work w/Dana the next day. I am NOT a cake person either. Coconut cake is the only cake I crave and maybe about once or twice a year. I would rather have cookies or a pie or ice cream.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Uber good times! Hey, I want that plate. Have I asked about that before?

Secondly, nice hat!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Jennings~the plate is from Pottery Barn bought on sale after Christmas....NEVER buy anything that isn't on sale...they are ALL damn robbers I tell you.

uh, What hat?

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

oooh hat, DUH, now I get it. I was scrolling my blog for an unsuspecting hat LOL, when it was on my head the whole time. TYPICAL

Lora said...

NOW THIS-THIS I LIKE-NO I LOVE-SEND ME THE LEFTOVERS! Anytime I started baking a cake when my kids were growing up they would ask me, "Mom, who are you taking that to?". POOR KIDS-no cake at the Conville's!

Cakespy said...

You're an amazing person--seven minute frosting and five! From my hips to you: "Thank you!"

Basically this looks good enough for seconds to me!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Cake~LOL, really it was done in 4 1/2 minutes but I don't like to brag *blush* (again, another one of those "doesn't like to color inside the lines").