Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Foodie Pet Peeve (drum roll) FOUR

LEMONS

Why is it when you order iced tea in a restaurant they always refill your glass of tea but NEVER EVER EVER bring a fresh lemon slice/wedge. NEVER.......they don't even offer. If my tea is gone....guess what einstein......so is the friggin lemon......the wedge is spent if I have squeezed it and slurrrrped all my tea down. DUH, why is this so hard??? I swear, if I was a waitress, which I am not and never have been and probably wouldn't last 1 day if I had to be, but I would give a fresh lemon wedge EVERYTIME I refilled a glass of tea or you can smack me on the ass and call me Mary.

...................................................................end of complaint

2 comments:

Lora said...

I don't like lemon in my tea, so when we go out I always offer it to the lemon users. My friend, Sandra, orders a saucer of lemons when she orders her tea or water for that very reason.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I don't like it when they refill my tea when it's only like 1/3 gone without asking and ruin my mixture of sweetener and tea- you have to sip and try & readjust to the correct sweetness. argh.