Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Am Making It A Stouffer's Night

I am quite embarrassed to admit that tonight will be a Stouffer's Night! There, I said it. Chastise me as you see fit, I deserve it.



We are having a hillbilly supper at the Swanson's tonight. I haven't decided between the individual meatloaves or the chicken enchiladas. Of course I haven't completely lost my faculties and it will be paired with an heirloom lettuce salad, sprinkled with roasted pecans, dried cranberries and some shredded asiago drizzled with some extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. There are some nights though, when I quite frankly, just don't have it together. So either Schwans or Stouffers saves my arse. Fresh Market is also great for some quick white wine and herb rotisserie chickens and they have great soup.

My yoga classes during the week start at 5:00........so on those nights it throws my "gourmet" game off.

Bad news or good news, depending on how you view this blog. My Dell laptop that had been struggling with asthma for the last year finally gave in and took his last breath 2 mornings ago (I am sure it did not help that I punched him square in the gh section of the keyboard either). It was time....he had wanted me to pull the plug for sometime but I kept the life support running. Unfortunately for me......most of my pictures that I had saved and not posted of my culinary treasures are gone forever. Of course I hadn't gotten around to uploading my things to a safe haven, who has time to do that on a regular basis?? Not me.

Anywho's....so I am picture less today.

I am however, very excited that I received my new Cuisine at Home and it has the Creamiest and Sweetest Boston Cream Pie you have ever laid eyes on. Not only does it have the luscious yellow cake but there is also a layer of chocolate cake right smack in the middle. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps this weekend I can grace my up dog thighs with this beast of a cake or is it a pie??? Then I will gladly share with my online folks.

For now, I leave you with this
compliments of ABC of Yoga
Virabhadrasana I or Warrior 1 pose......cuz every woman should have a strong warrior lurking inside her body just waiting to kick some out of line ass...if need be.

Per Wiki~A Boston cream pie is a round cake that is split and filled with a custard or cream filling and frosted with chocolate.

Created by French chef M. Sanzian at Boston's Parker House Hotel, opened in 1855, this pudding/cake combination comprises two layers of sponge cake filled with vanilla custard or crème pâtissière. The cake is topped with a chocolate glaze (such as ganache) and sometimes confectioner's sugar or a cherry.


4 comments:

Lora said...

Get a separate hard drive for your pics with your new computer. We catering place here that sales frozen casseroles. That is my busy night savior!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

1424 in Waco has the most wonderful AUSTIN cream pie...(a new twist on the Boston cream pie)

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Lora, yeah yeah yeah, I know hahahah but I am so not organized. My 3rd child is going to have a non-existent childhood because I print no pics of him. We had 3 computers going on in this house between laptops and gaming 'puters etc. I just need to get my sheeot in order and I can guarantee that aint happenin' anytime soon.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Camille, I have been to Austin but not to the 1424. Although, when I lived in San Antonio and worked for South Texas Cardiovascular Consultants, whenever it was someones' bday we ALWAYS got the Boston Cream Pie from Marie Callenders which is actually a cake inside a pie shell and is like 2 feet tall. That thing was incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!