Thursday, August 14, 2008

This Was A Post I Started Back On 08/05/08

I am making a brief appearance......git yer fill while you can. I just don't have time for this sheeeot. Although, I do enjoy it. It is just so time consuming. The sweat, the tears, the agony of defeat, the salsa my 1 1/2 year old threw all over the floor whilst trying to compose my thoughts and pictures.....it is pure torture.

Arrriba Arrriba (rolled "R" ALWAYS)
Let's start off with Mexican Paletas
Mexican Paletas and then you have to type in "Paletas" in the "Recipe" search engine.

WHAT IS A PALETA YOU ASK?
~Per Wiki~ A paleta is a Latin American ice pop usually made from fresh fruit. The name comes from palo, or "stick," and the diminutive ending -eta, referencing the little flat stick frozen into each item; the stores, carts, and kiosks, or as we call them at home "roach coaches" where they are sold are known as paleterĂ­as, and the sellers are called paleteros.


I started off with Strawberry Basil Paletas


Ended up with Banana Paletas


He looks a bit disturbed but he really isn't


Evil Salsa Thrower Banana Paleta Eater



Cacao Nibs ( a must in the pantry )
are~ roasted cacao beans, separated from their husks and broken into small bits. Sprinkle on ice cream, add to cookies, or use in place of nuts in sweet and savory foods. Some chocolate lovers have been known to snack on nibs alone. I purrrrsonally don't know any chocolate lovers (sha right) so I can't attest to the last statement.

I, however, used them in a Smoky Cacao Nibs Rub courtesy of
Sticky,Gooey, Creamy, Chewy Git your recipe there.

I used my rub on boneless center cut pork chops and grilled them off. She used hers on bloody meaty juicy rib-eyes. Choose your rotting flesh source of choice and go with it. You WON'T be sorry.



It has been sooooo long I don't even remember what these were.............


Oh wait, it is coming to me...............uh, I believe these were peanut butter oatmeal cookies w/crisco. I don't think I have ever used crisco in a baking recipe before but these cookies were OUTFRICKINGSTANDING. I used rrrrolled oats (not quick or instant) and Peanut Butter & Co's White Chocolate Wonderful PB and then Ghirardhelli White Chocolate Chips. These gave permanent wood until they were gone as the hubby loves white chocolate (even though white chocolate is not really chocolate but that is another argument for another time).



This was a Zuchini Vichyssoise courtesy of AGAIN, Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy Git yer recipe there.

Git your recipe there. Then some Williams Sonoma Croissant dough that I stufft w/black forest ham and swiss cheese and baked off.


I'm outta here L-O-S-E-R...........................................I gotta go and scrub the mask off my face, I was multi-tasking.

*Side Note.....if you have not been to Etsy you need to visit. Use the drop down box and go to Sellers:usernames and type in valleybeadglassart .Not only does she have some great handcrafted jewelry and stained glass on there but there are loads of great items for sale ALL handcrafted by artisans. I am in love with this site. I bought earings and necklace off of valleybeadglassart. I love them!

3 comments:

Lora said...

AND THE SECRET INGRIDENT IS-

CRISCO

A MUST in every Southern pantry!

PS-the boys have grown a BUNCH since the last pic! CUTE!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oooh Crisco makes the cookie. Yes.

Susan @ SGCC said...

Hey! I'm glad you enjoyed your cacao nib chops and soup. I'm also glad to see you back in action! :D