Thursday, December 27, 2007

Just Chew Me Up and Spit Me Out You EGG BEAST

The BGE is cruel, cruel, cruel. It has chewed me up and spit me out. I feel like I have gone 7 rounds with a welter weight champion and been knocked out. After much encouragement from my husband (and the Jennings heheheh) I will trudge forth and conquer this beast. It might outweigh me but it will not outegg me (I guess we will find out). I can see it peering at me now as I write this......mocking me through my french doors out to the deck. Trying to psych me out. Sitting in its egg nest all green and shiney w/its black racing stripes. My ever so cool thinking husband tried to explain to me last night that there would be a learning curve just like anything else and I would eventually get the hang of it. Learning curve??? I hate learning curves. I just want a huge flying egg to come in the night.....drop its big suction probe from the sky........attach it to my head and electronically transfer the eggknowledge to my head so I can wake up and be a master griller....... kind of like a UFO abduction where they find you laying naked 47 miles out of town on a dirt road curled up in the fetal position and you swear you were abducted by aliens and probed anally for hours. Minus the probed anally part preferrably. Oh and minus the naked on a dirt road for hours part also.......it is a bit chilly here.

I did manage some boneless chicken breasts last night that turned out on the BGDE. This is the best marinade for chicken. I swear by it. It really imparts the chicken itself w/flavor. Just not the outside of the chicken. At least a 4 hour marinade or 8 is better but 4 works really well. I put it all in a ziploc bag and stick it in the fridge. 1/3 c. of extra virgin olive oil, 3 T lemon juice, 1 1/2 t. fennel seed toasted on stove top and then crush it inside a plastic bag, 1/2 t salt, 1/2 t pepper. You also don't need to toast the fennel that is just my anal cooking thing. This chicken is great just alone or used in BBQ chicken quesadillas (email me for the recipe if you want it). I serve it alone with risotto alot. Last night we made the chicken into sandwhiches. I loaf Ciabatta bread, spread one side w/sun dried tomato pesto, other side with light caesar dressing, sprinkle on good paremesan, arrang sliced chicken on bread, load up on shredded romaine lettuce and top w/other side of bread, serve w/sweet potato fries. YUM!

No comments: