Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ghetto Palate vs. Food Snob

Last night was ghetto supper (as we call it in our house of food snobs). The dreaded leftovers!!!! I don't know, I am not much of a leftover person. I guess because we had leftovers alot while growing up. There are not too many things that I want or am willing to eat 2 days in a row. Soup is one of those few things that tends to age well.......kind of like a fine wine or balsamic vinegar. I think another reason that I don't like leftovers is that I need an artistic outlet. Now that I am a stay at home mom, cooking has become my artistic outlet. So on most nights I look forward to cooking. I look forward to trying new recipes, new ingredients. I know there are many nights that my family wishes we were having sloppy joes and french fries instead of Italian sausage risotto. And sometimes you need fish stick night, we all do. As much as I crave the newest restaurants and brick oven pizza at the neighborhood bistro there are those days when only a McDonalds cheeseburger will do.

No comments: